Sunday, September 30, 2012

Wells' Banana Bread Beer

Sorry for the delay in this posting, work is insane and always seems to be in the way of drinking :). So I have had a few banana bread beers in the past and blow away by them, sadly I am not so excited about this one. The carbonation is a little high but I will get into the details of this one in a little bit. As always a little note from the brewery;
"Tempting banoffe aromas tempered by a grassy, lemony nose all leading to a finely balanced, fresh, delicate flavor of peppery hops with a lingering dry finish."
Now,  I have to give them points for a gorgeous color and pour. The beer itself is an orangish amber that makes me miss my pumpkin ales. The head of the beer is an off white cream color and when poured had about a quarter inch of thickness and after a little downtime it still has a nice lacing at the top.

In my honest opinion this is really disappointing in both aroma and taste. I get maybe a hint of banana in both aroma and taste the over carbonation is all I can taste in this beer. I accidentally gave it a 3 out of 5 on Untappd and totally meant to give it a 1 of of 5. Try it if you want, this might have been a single bad bottle but as of right now it gets a 1 out of 5.

More on the beer: Wells' Banana Bread Beer

1 comment:

  1. The best way I have found to enjoy this beer is by mixing it half & half with Young's Double Chocolate Stout.

    ReplyDelete